We all know it’s coming – the end of summer. Back to school items are on the store shelves and back to school commercials are on TV – it’s everywhere. The end of summer is a good indicator to get some of your car maintenance done before the “S” word hits – snow. Here are a few car maintenance items to get completed before summer is over.
- Read your owner’s manual to find out about your maintenance schedules. Each car varies on the amount of times per year that you need to get an oil change, have your tires rotated, get your brakes inspected, replace your windshield wipers, etc. Skim through your owner’s manual and put in your calendar when each maintenance item needs to be completed.
- Check your tires. Before your tires get corroded with snow and grim, check them over to make sure that they look properly inflated and free of debris. Next, pull out your tire pressure gauge and check your tire pressure to ensure that the reading matches the one recommended in your owner’s manual.
- Have your battery tested. It’s best to check our battery now before it’s too late. Check its voltage or bring it in to your local Integra Tire Auto Centre and we can check to make sure it will last you a long time.
- Turn on your cooling system and heating system to ensure that they are working properly. With fall around the corner, you never know when you’ll be needing to turn on the heat so make sure that it works. Now is a good time to get your A/C repaired too so you’re ready for next summer.
- Test your lights. Have a friend help you test your lights by having them check each light as you turn it on. Check your brake lights, signal lights, headlights, fog lights, parking light, back up light, and license plate light.
- Restock your emergency kit. Your emergency kit should have a spare tire, car jack, lug wrench, cell phone charger, flashlight, blankets, jumper cables, extra fluids (windshield washer, oil, and antifreeze), water, granola bars, and a first aid kit. Ensure that all of these items are still working and have not expired.
Even though we don’t want to think about the end of summer, it’s always a good idea to be prepared for the winter. Remember that you can always bring your vehicle in to your local Integra Tire location for any maintenance or tire services that you need. You can even book your tire changeover now so you’ll get in before everyone else!