Keeping your family safe whenever you’re in your vehicle is the most important aspect of a vehicle. Whether you are driving the kids to work or taking a cross-country road trip, you want to ensure that your vehicle is always safe. Here are some tips on how to keep your children safe this spring:
- Properly installed car seats: Children should be on a booster seat or car seat until they are more than 80 lbs and are over 4’9” tall. Car seats should be installed in the back seats. Car seats also have expiry dates so be sure to check that yours is still valid.
- Have the latest driving technology: Upgrade your vehicle to have the latest security features, such as stability control, anti-lock brakes, lane departure warnings, adaptive cruise control, back-up cameras, and blind-spot monitoring, can help reduce the chances of an accident. Remember to never rely only on these technologies and always be sure to check your surroundings constantly while driving.
- Avoid distractions: Remove any distractions from arm’s reach, such as your cell phone. Also avoid distractions from your children by ensuring all the child protection locks are on the doors and windows.
- Remove unsecured items: Anything that is not secured in your vehicle can become a projectile if you get into an accident. Avoid placing unsecured objects on your dashboard or back window and place bags and personal items in the trunk.
- Stay on top of preventative maintenance: Be sure to have your oil changed once every 5,000 – 10,000 km, regularly check your car battery strength, get belts and hoses inspected, and inspect your tires regularly.
- Have the right tires: Make sure to have your all-season tires put on when the temperature rises above 7°C and have you winter tires put on when the temperature begins to drop below 7°C.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be sure to have a safer commute for you and your family. Remember that Integra Tire is always in a neighborhood near you whenever you need help with your vehicle.