Even though we may not want the snow to come, we know that living here in Canada means that it’s inevitable. The snowy roads, slushy berms, and icy corners are on their way so make sure that you’re prepared with winter tires.
If you already have winter tires in your garage, then make sure to inspect them for any cracks, bulges, or debris. If you notice anything abnormal with your tires, bring them to Integra Tire and our experts will advise if they can be repaired or if they should be replaced. If your tires look normal, use a tread depth gauge to check the tread; when your winter tires reach 3-4/32, you may want to consider purchasing new tires. Make sure you check with your local government as to what is allowable tread depth. Finally, make an appointment at your local Integra Tire to get your winter tires installed as soon as the temperature begins to reach below 7°C.
If you don’t have winter tires yet and you are considering purchasing them, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Winter tires work best in conditions below 7°C and will wear out quickly if used in temperatures above 7°C.
- Winter tires will have better traction on snow and ice compared to all-season tires in temperatures below 7°C.
- Winter tires will be verified with a three-peak mountain symbol.
- Installing winter wheels onto your winter tires will save you money on each of your tire changeovers and will keep your all-season wheels in better condition.
- Having both winter tires and all-season tires will keep both sets of tires in better condition and will last longer than leaving one set on all-year-long.
- Every vehicle has a different tire size so speak to your local Integra Tire to find out which winter tires will fit on your vehicle.
- Not every tire manufacturer produces every tire size so when doing your research on winter tires, give yourself a few top options and ask your Integra Tire professional which winter tires come in your tire size.
Every Integra Tire location across Canada offers a wide variety of winter tires so visit your local shop to find the best winter tires for your vehicle or book an appointment today to get your winter tires installed.