What to Do to Get Your Vehicle Ready for Winter
By Integra Tire Canada
As the leaves start to change colour and the mornings are cool and crisp, we know that winter is just around the corner. We don’t want winter to catch you unprepared so we suggest getting your vehicle ready for winter now.
Here are some tips to help you get your vehicle winter-ready:
- Get your winter tires on. It’s important that as soon as the weather begins to reach below 7°C that you have your winter tires on your vehicle. Come into an Integra Tire nearest you to get your winter tires put on your vehicle before the snow falls.
- Inspect your lights. In the winter the days are so short that we often end up constantly driving in the dark. For your safety, you should check your lights (tail lights, brake lights, headlights) to ensure they are all in working condition.
- Have your oil changed. Your oil should be changed every 5,000 – 10,000km. While you’re getting your winter tires changed over, it’s a good idea to get your oil changed as well.
- Replace your wiper blades. Your windshield wiper blades should be replaced at least once a year so start a habit of replacing them every fall.
- Have your battery checked. Cold temperatures can be hard on a new battery so if your battery is beginning to lose its charge, you could easily find yourself stranded this winter. Come to any Integra Tire and Auto Centre and we can check the charge on your battery.
- Have your brakes checked. Proper working brakes are important all throughout the year but they are especially important on slick winter roads. Have an Integra Tire mechanic check your brakes to ensure they’ll keep you safe all throughout the winter.
- Replace your fluids. Check to make sure that your windshield washer fluid is an all-season version. If you currently have only summer bug washer fluid in your vehicle, it could freeze and destroy your reservoir.
- Pack an emergency kit. You should always have a spare tire, tire jack, and torque wrench in your car in case of a flat but in the winter you should also carry a small shovel, extra blankets, flares, a flashlight, and a cell phone charger.
If you start to prepare yourself for winter now, you can relax once the snow comes! Remember that you can always visit your local Integra Tire and we can help you with all your tire and automotive needs to get you prepared for the winter.
Questions? Our Advisors are Happy to Help!If you have questions about anything you've read in this resource page, contact your nearest Integra Tire dealer for more information. We are passionate in assisting our customers make the best choices to keep their vehicles in tip-top shape and keep their families safe.
About UsIntegra Tire is a network of independent tire, automotive, and maintenance dealers across Canada.