To perform effectively, your tires need the proper inflation, correct balance, and optimum tread depth. If one of these elements is off, it could diminish the safety of your vehicle. Here are some tips to follow to ensure that your tires are doing everything they can to keep you safe on the road:
- Have your tires properly inflated. Your tires have a sweet spot when the air pressure is not too inflated and not too under inflated. You can determine your tire’s sweet spot by looking at the sticker on your side door that will indicate your optimum tire inflation. You should check your tire pressure at least once a month or before any long road trip to ensure that your tires have not lost any air.
- Check for abnormal tread wear. Your tires will wear over time but they should never wear on the very edge of the tire; this could mean that your tires are out of balance. Having your tires rotated every 10,000km will help prevent normal tread wear.
- Check for bulges or cracks. If your tires have a bulge or crack, do not drive on them. Bring them to your local Integra Tire and we will inspect them and change them, if necessary.
- Feel for unusual rocking and listen for abnormal sounds. If your tires cause your vehicle to shake or rock excessively or if they are very noisy on the road, this could mean that one or more of your tires are out of balance. You can bring your vehicle to your local Integra Tire and we can balance them for you.
- Get a wheel alignment. If your wheels are misaligned, then it could cause your tires to wear abnormally. Your wheels should get realigned every time your tires are changed over or when you get a new set of tires.
If you take care of your tires, it will save you time and money down the road; not to mention, it could save your life.
Remember that if you are ever concerned about your tires, you can bring them to your local Integra Tire anywhere across Canada and we will be happy to help you!