How to Wash Your Car Like a Pro
By Integra Tire Canada
Now that the snow is gone and the rainy spring season is behind us, we all want to have cars that sparkle in the sun as we drive down the road with the top down and music pumping.
But sometimes car washes just don’t do the trick. Often the second you leave the car wash bay, your car already has a film of dust on it. One solution is to have your car hand washed by a pro, but we all know how expensive that can be.
So why not try to hand wash your car at home just like the pros do?
Here are some tips to get that sparkling shimmer to your vehicle all summer long:
- Gather your supplies. You will need a non-abrasive cleaner, preferably one made especially for cleaning cars. You will also need a pressure washer, a microfiber cloth, and a non-abrasive scrubbing brush, and a bucket with water.
- Start by placing your car somewhere that will drain easily and is out of the direct sunlight and away from wind. Also make sure you aren’t parked under a tree or anything that could leave debris on your car.
- Start by giving your entire car a rinse to remove any debris and prevent scratching the paint. It’s a good idea to rinse the car from the top to the bottom.
- Place the car wash cleaner in the bucket and dip your microfiber cloth in the solution. Then use your microfiber cloth to rub down your entire car. Start at the top and work in small circular motions over the entire body of the car. After each section rinse the soap off the car, so the soap won’t leave marks.
Tip: Clean the wheels of your car last as these are most likely the dirtiest part. You can purchase special wheel cleaner to ensure that your wheels are spotless.
- After you finish soaping and rinsing down your entire car, give it one last rinse with the pressure washer, and use a clean microfiber cloth to dry your entire vehicle.
- After your car is dry, you can use a wax to coat the car and really make it shine.
Now that your car is spotless, take it for a drive and show it off!
Questions? Our Advisors are Happy to Help!If you have questions about anything you've read in this resource page, contact your nearest Integra Tire dealer for more information. We are passionate in assisting our customers make the best choices to keep their vehicles in tip-top shape and keep their families safe.
About UsIntegra Tire Canada is a network of independent tire, automotive, and maintenance dealers across Canada established in 2008. But what makes us different? Our commitment to #integraty - our endless pursuit of excellence, every day for every customer.