Oil Changes in Calgary, AB
One of the many preventative maintenance services that can help your vehicle run better for longer is having the oil and filter changed. You can bring your vehicle to Integra Tire for its regular oil change in Calgary.
Why Are Oil Changes Important?
Drivers in Calgary know just how easy it is to add mileage to your vehicle, that’s why oil changes are so critical. It is important to get your oil changed regularly as it is a vital component for your engine. The oil in your car's engine is there to prevent the moving parts from grinding against one another. A significant amount of heat is produced by the engine, and oil serves as a cooling agent as it is pumped through the engine. When oil is heated, it absorbs combustion by-products and channels them to the oil filter, where they are removed to make way for clean, contaminant-free oil. Clean oil increases your fuel economy and prevents engine wear. Most vehicles in Calgary require an oil change once every 3,000 – 5,000 miles, but it is important to check your owner’s manual to determine the correct oil change interval for your vehicle. Some vehicles burn oil quickly, so it is important to check your oil regularly.
How Do You Check Your Oil?
To check your oil, follow these steps:
1. Turn off your vehicle and ensure it is parked on level ground.
2. Open your hood.
3. Look for the dipstick (a stick with a large loop on the end of it).
4. Pull out the dipstick.
5. Wipe it clean with a rag.
6. Put the dipstick back in the reservoir.
7. Pull it out again.
8. The end of the dipstick will have a level indicator. Determine if the level is between the maximum and minimum levels. If it is below the minimum level, you need to add oil to your reservoir and visit Integra Tire so we can check to ensure there are no issues causing your oil to run low.
9. Check the colour of the oil. If it’s amber to dark brown, then it’s still in good condition. If it’s black or sludgy, then it’s time for an oil change.
Other Signs You Need an Oil Change
1. Your oil change light is on – If the oil change light is illuminated on your dashboard, this indicates that you are due for an oil change or that your engine oil is low.
2. Your engine is overheating – Dirty oil or low oil levels can cause your moving engine parts to overheat and stop your engine from working.
3. Strange noises are coming from your engine – If you hear tapping, knocking, or grinding noises, this could mean that your oil is low or not lubricating the engine properly.
4. You find oil under your car – If you find a puddle under your car, this could be from an oil leak and should be taken to Integra Tire immediately.
What Happens During an Oil Change?
When you get an oil change, we'll swap out the stale motor oil for fresh oil. There are several different types of oils: full synthetic motor oil, synthetic blend motor oil, conventional motor oil, and high-mileage motor oil. We will determine which oil is best for your vehicle. Furthermore, we'll lubricate the chassis components of your vehicle to meet manufacturer specifications. We will also replace your oil filter.
The oil and oil filter work in tandem to keep your car's engine performing at its best. The oil filter removes debris, like dirt and carbon deposits, from the oil used to lubricate your engine's moving parts. The oil filter prevents foreign particles and contaminants from entering the engine by capturing them before they can pass through the filter and into the engine. The oil filter collects billions of contaminant particles and carbon dust over time, making it steadily more clogged, so it should be replaced during each oil change.
After every lube, oil, and filter change, we'll make sure your engine oil is pure and all moving parts are working smoothly.