Vehicle Exhaust Repair and Diagnostics in Winnipeg, MB | Integra Tire
If one morning you turn your key to start the engine, and you're immediately aware that your car is much louder than it was, then you likely need exhaust repair.
A damaged exhaust pipe or failing muffler results in more than a car that is too loud to drive; it may also have an impact on your emissions or the way your car runs. It can even cause toxic fumes to leak into your vehicle’s cabin.
Signs You Need an Exhaust Repair
One part of a vehicle’s exhaust system is known as a muffler. It works to lessen engine noise and eliminate exhaust gases from the vehicle. If you notice you have a noisy muffler or any of the following symptoms of exhaust issues, you should make an appointment at Integra Tire in Winnipeg, MB for an exhaust and muffler inspection:
· Vibrating - loose exhaust hangers or other hardware might generate an unwelcome vibration when your vehicle is idling.
· Rattling noise - hanger and hardware issues can also result in a mechanical-sounding rattling and vibration.
· Clunking noise – hearing a clunking noise from your muffler can be a sign that there is damage to it.
· Dangling or dragging tailpipe - the hangers for the exhaust system are constructed of rubber, which with time may dry out, crack, and shatter. Your vehicle's exhaust pipes may dangle visibly low, underneath the vehicle, as a result of a broken exhaust hanger.
· High emissions - exhaust issues might make you fail an emissions test or result in a trouble code registering in your engine computer, illuminating the Check Engine light.
· Unusual exhaust smell – exhaust issues can cause gases to leak into your cabin so take note if you smell anything unusual.
What is Included in a Muffler Repair?
Depending on your car, the simplest muffler repair takes 30 to 60 minutes. If the mid-pipe or downpipe also needs service, allow an additional hour or two. These pipes can be challenging to access, and they might need to be replaced at the same time as your muffler.
During an exhaust and muffler repair, we will check the following components:
· catalytic converter, gaskets for the tailpipe, and hangers
- sensors and wiring for oxygen
- hardware such as nuts, bolts, and screws
A muffler's lifespan is often estimated to be between 40,000 and 80,000 miles. Under difficult driving circumstances, such as cold weather, corrosive road salt, damage from road debris, and potholes, your muffler may fail sooner. Corrosion can be reduced by routinely washing the underside of your automobile and, when the time comes, selecting a replacement muffler made of corrosion-resistant steel. Our automotive specialists at Integra Tire in Winnipeg, MB always take a close look at your complete exhaust system and check it for rust or damage whenever your car is lifted.
Our Expert Muffler & Exhaust Repair
Your exhaust system repair needs can be met by our skilled specialists at Integra Tire in Winnipeg, MB. We are equipped to address any problems and offer routine maintenance for the exhaust or muffler system.
We recommend having your car's exhaust system inspected once a year, so bring your vehicle to Integra Tire for a thorough muffler inspection today!