Now that you’ve come into an Integra Tire to get your winter tires off and your all-season tires back on, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about the maintenance your vehicle needs for the spring season.
Winter is very harsh on your vehicle: salt from the roads and the freezing temperatures can cause a lot of damage. Now that your vehicle is well thawed, start an overall vehicle wear and tear check:
- Examine the brakes. Salt from the roads can cause excess wear to your brakes, so bring them into your local Integra Tire for an inspection. Brake pads also wear with use, so we can inspect them to ensure they are still in good working condition.
- Inspect your windshield wipers. You don’t want to splash through a puddle or end up in a rain storm with improperly working wipers blades. Wipers blades should be replaced once a year, so stop in to find out if yours should be replaced.
- Check your all-season tires. Bring your tires into your local Integra Tire Auto Centre for a tread depth analysis, which will determine if your tires need to be replaced. Also check the pressure. Air pressure can fluctuate with the change in temperature, so check your car door to determine the pressure your tires should be set at.
- Check all your fluid levels. Oil changes should be completed every 5000km, which often lands during the spring and fall season. In the spring, you will also want to ensure that your windshield wiper fluid is topped up.
- Check your battery. The harsh winter weather can cause your battery to drain, so bring it into your Integra Tire Auto Centre and we can check it for you.
If you follow these quick steps, your vehicle will be that much closer to running smooth all summer long.