April 22 is Earth Day. At Integra Tire we do our best to reduce our carbon footprint. Here are some ways that you can reduce yours:
- Adjust your driving style. Try to accelerate and decelerate slowly. This will help you to use less gas and decrease the C02 emissions from your vehicle.
- Check your tires. Driving with under-inflated or over-inflated tires can reduce the fuel efficiency of your vehicle. Check your owner’s manual to determine the correct PSI of your tires and add or remove air as needed. The best time to check your tires is in the morning before you have driven your car because the temperature can fluctuate the reading.
- Get regular oil changes. Oil changes should be done every 5,000 – 10,000 km. Check your oil regularly and if it is getting low or murky, visit your local Integra Tire Auto Centre for an oil change.
- Get a tune-up. Ensuring that all of your vehicle’s parts are working effectively can help to increase your fuel efficiency.
- Remove the cargo rack from your vehicle when you aren’t using it. Adding extra weight to your vehicle will increase the amount of gas you use and the amount of C02 you’re putting in the atmosphere.
- Purchase an electric or hybrid vehicle.
- Reduce the amount that you drive. Now that the weather is warmer, try to walk or ride your bike. You can also start a carpool to get work or get your kids to school or their after-school activities.
- Check your traffic apps. Check traffic apps before you leave the house to make sure that you’re using less gas by going the quickest route to your destination.
By following these suggestions, you can increase your fuel efficiency and decrease your carbon footprint. If we all work together this Earth Day, we can all help to decrease C02 emissions. To learn more about Earth Day, visit https://www.earthday.org/