Wanting to take the family on a road trip this summer but want to keep the trip as low cost as possible? We’ve compiled some ways to save you time and money this summer:
- Before you start your road trip, bring your vehicle to Integra Tire to get a vehicle inspection. We’ll make sure that your tires are properly inflated, your fluids are topped, your battery is charged, your lights are working, and that your engine is running smoothly. This will save you time and money when you’re on the road so you won’t be charged for costly repairs and towing services.
- Planning ahead before you leave can save you a lot of time and money. You can often get discounts on attractions tickets if you buy them ahead of time. You can also scout out the best spots to eat for cheap and use Airbnb to find a cheap spot to stay the night during your trip.
- Pack snacks and lunches to save big bucks during your trip. Eating out can be one of the costliest parts of your trip so bring a cooler and pack sandwiches, salads, sliced fruit and vegetables, and homemade granola bars.
- Use technology to save you money. You can use apps like Gas Buddy to find the lowest gas prices in the area that you’re travelling. You can also use Groupon to get discounts on local attractions, hotel accommodations, and restaurants in the areas you’ll be staying.
- To save money on gas, try to pack light. The more your car weighs the more gas you will burn on the trip.
- Don’t speed and you could save hundreds of dollars by avoiding speeding tickets!
- Seek out free attractions to save money. Almost every province has free roadside attractions that you can visit and that can keep the family entertained all day.
Spending time with your family by exploring Canada is priceless so enjoy and cherish the time you get to spend together!